How to change pictures resolution? In other words, how to change image dpi value?
Some formats cannot save information on DPI parameters.
Some graphics formats, e.g. GIF, do not support DPI parameters.
If the format supports DPI settings, you can alter DPI dimensions before converting images.
The default conversion algorithm is as follows:
- With formats which do not contain information on DPI, the size will be set to 72×72 DPI.
- With formats which contain information on DPI, the current DPI size will be preserved.
If you want to change DPI dimensions, you should do the following:
- Go to "Online Image Converter".
- Select file or input URL.
- Select target format, eg, JPG or PNG.
- Find Resize operation.
- Enter new DPI size into "DPI" textbox.
If this textbox is not empty, new DPI dimensions will be applied to formats which do not contain information on DPI.